Wednesday, January 25, 2006

 

Fundraising, etc.

Almost ready to send out my first fundraising requests. My "case for support" is, I hope, compelling. With a son and a brother living with Type 1 and me living with Type 2 it's pretty obvious why diabetes education and research are important to me. The Canadian Diabetes Association already has the web donation site activated for me - anyone interested to donate this way should email me and I can explain how to access it.

So far, everyone I have told has been very encouraging about me running the NYC marathon. Hopefully that enthusiasm will translate into financial support as well !!

Did a nice 35 minute run at noon hour today. I'm still a few weeks away from starting into my formal training program. Plan is to work towards the Fredericton Half Marathon in May and then build from there to the full marathon in November.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links