Monday, January 23, 2006

 

Monday, Monday

I love the music of the Mamas and Papas, including the song that is the title of today's blog.

Another great day. Did a 5-6 K run at lunch, about 35 minutes. First half was straight uphill but interestingly, my time from the turnaround to the finish was almost identical. Weird.

Hoping to have my fundraising activities started before the end of the week. I've prepared a brochure explaining what I am up to and will have cover letters ready to go soon as well. Then they're off to the mail box and I'll be waiting to see whether they generate the level of support that I am hoping for.

Over at the Running Room discussion board (see my links) I've started an interesting exchange of ideas on the meirts of charity marathon programs like the one I have joined - Team Diabetes Canada. Many running "purists" don't like them but I for one can say that Team D has been a changing experience. Although I'm still a terrible runner, I am a persistent bugger and being active is a huge help in managing my diabetes.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links