Saturday, March 25, 2006

 

Elvis Has Left The Building

At last that miserable kidney stone has taken leave of my body. This is one passing that I won't mourn!! Hopefully tomorrow I can get out for a short run and then I'll get back onto my training schedule.

It's been a week of emotional highs and lows. Started out great with word that one of my staff members had given birth to a baby boy. Congratulations Nicole and husband Andrew. Then came my bout with the kidney stone. On the heels of that, news that my assistant Niki made the heart-wrenching decision to have one of her beloved cats put down due to illness. Finally, the week ended on a very sombre note as one of my colleagues announced that she has been diagnosed with breast cancer.

It is difficult to find the words to express how such news impacts. I felt numb. I felt sad. I felt angry. I felt helpless. I felt scared. The same range of emotions I felt six years ago when we were told our 9-year old son has diabetes. The same range of emotions I felt when 23 years ago my Dad told me he had leukemia. How must my colleague and her family be feeling? God, bless her.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links