Thursday, March 02, 2006

 

A Great Day

Arrived home from work tonight to find that I'd received two more donations in the mail. It's been a great day. Thanks very much to Medavie Blue Cross for a generous donation and to long-time family friend Victor. Over 30 years ago I used to babysit for Victor and his (late) wife. Victor was an army colleague of my (late) father's. Just recently I ran into him in an airport. It had probably been 15 or 20 years since we had last seen each other. We chatted, he gave me his business card, asked me to pass along best wishes to my mom and we parted ways. I wrote him about my Team Diabetes involvement and he responded with a nice note and a generous donation. Thank you so very much.

I can now report that I am over the $1000 mark - 20% of my goal achieved and still eight months of fundraising to go.

Comments:
Hi Peter,

Fellow TD participant here!

Great Blog, congrats on the fundraising, past and present. Got any tips for me?

You were wondering about my thermometer, add this html code to your template; < .... />

img src=
"http://xdal.org/thermometer/thermometer.cgi?goal=6¤t=1.9&asOf=Feb 15th&suffix=Thousand"

Cheers!

Taylor
Iceland 06
teamdiabetestaylor.blogspot.com
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links