Monday, April 17, 2006

 

Easter Monday/Boston Marathon

A super motivating day today. I got out early and did my scheduled 21k run. Finished in 2:11 and felt great the whole time, in spite of the cold temps, the wind and the rain. There are days where every 10 minutes feels like 30 and others where 30 minutes feel like 10. Today was the latter.

When I got home I watched the 110th Boston Marathon on TV. We get a Boston CBS station on our cable so got full race coverage. In less time than it took me to run my 21k, the Boston winner finished 42k. Sinply amazing. I will never win a major marathon but for me (and for the 22,000 running Boston today) that's not the point - it's the journey that's important.

Besides, in my mind, I'm Kenyan!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links