Sunday, April 30, 2006

 

Sens-ational Sunday


It's a great day ... to be an Ottawa Senators fan! Last night they eliminated the defending Stanley Cup champions (Tampa Bay) in 5 games and they're through to the next round of the playoffs.

Just back from what I thought was a 21k route. Checked the route mapping site that I use and turns out it was a shade under 20k. No wonder I finished in 2:04:58. The first two thirds of the run felt great but was struggling a bit the final few kilometers. No worry though, I still feel very prepared for the half marathon (21.1 km) the weekend after next. For the next two weeks my training distances start to taper off as I get prepared for the race.

Today is also sensational because our nephew, Gavin John McDougall (aka the G-Unit), son of Tara and Steve, is being baptised. Wish we could've been in Belleville with all the families for this wonderful event but it was a bit too far to drive for the weekend.

Comments:
Go Sens Go!
 
I assume that my readers are astute enough to know what the weather is like where they are. I should have known that Mike the Tyke wouldn't ...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links