Friday, May 12, 2006

 

Achieving The Goal (Part 1)

What a feeling to have just received an email saying that I'd received an on-line donation that puts me "over the top" for my fundraising goal. Thanks to my good friend Peter Macaulay a friend and business associate (Medavie Blue Cross) for his generous contribution.

Shortly after that I received notice of an on-line donation from Ken M., a colleague of my sister-in-law Kristy. Thanks Ken for supporting me, even though we've never met in person!

I am now totally stoked for the weekend run knowing that the Canadian Diabetes Association has already received more than $5000 (with more to come I hope) through the generosity of so many great folks.

Never forget, this isn't just about me running a marathon (part 2 of the goal). It's primarily about finding a cure for diabetes, supporting people who already live with the disease and educating people about how they can reduce their risk of being diagnosed.

Comments:
CONGRATS Pete. The Ottawa clan are all very excited for you. Good luck on the w/e.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links