Friday, May 12, 2006

 

Final(ly) Friday

Today is the final Friday ... before the Fredericton Half marathon being run on Mother's Day, Sunday May 14th. I did a 5k route last night which is my final run until the event. I felt very good but struggled to ignore the little twinges - in knees, calves, hamstrings, abdomen, etc. - that I seem to notice when I'm running.

Now is the time when nerves start to set in. Not sure why, since I've done what I can to be ready and there's nothing "on the line" for this event. Still, its hard not to feel anxious and doubtful. Sleep will be hard to come by on Saturday night I expect.

On the other hand, I am really excited to be doing this race, the weather forecast is good and it'll be fun to be out participating in a race with lots (400-500) of other people - there is a tremendous spirit amongst runners, regardless of ability level. Particularly looking forward to meeting a couple of Team Diabetes alumni who indicated they would be participating as well as a new Team D member - Danielle - who I've recently met through the blogosphere. She and her sister Christine are taking on the Honolulu marathon and they have a great wesite.

Check out:

http://www.teamdiabetes.bravehost.com/

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links