Monday, May 29, 2006

 

Magical Monday

Today I had a most pleasant lunch meeting with a friend, Terry F., who I have gotten to know over the past few years through a mutual interest in professional development, goal setting/achievement and numerous other topics - including music. As we arrived back on campus, Terry made a very generous donation in support of my fundraising for Team Diabetes. He also supported me when I did the Dublin in 2002. Thank you very much Terry!

Also today, I received notice of an on-line donation from one of my dearest friends, Dave P., in Toronto. Dave was in fact the first person to whom I confided my hairbrained idea of running a marathon back in 2001/2002. He offered me the single largest donation towards my Dublin campaign on the condition that I went for a run with him (he is an ex pro football player, university track & field competitor and all-round super jock). I lived up to my part of the bargain and he lived up to his side. Now, four years later he has stepped up again with another amazing contribution. Thanks buddy, I truly appreciate it and the Canadian Diabetes Association does also.

So, there you have it, my Magical Monday.

Comments:
I hear Mr.SuperJock is laying down a little smack on the McDougall brothers times at the Nordion 5K. I see this as a challenge, and think it should be settled over a game of golf...winner keeps the title of Mr.SuperJock. Will our MapleLeaf fella accept the challenge...time will tell. You know my number!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links