Wednesday, May 10, 2006

 

Oh So Close ...

Arrived at the office this morning and found two on-line donation notices amongst the emails. Now that's a great way to start the day!!

Thanks very much to Heather, a fellow Team Diabetes marathoner and blogger (to whom this page is linked or you can copy and paste into your browser:

http://www.runningtonotfrom.blogspot.com/

Heather also left a comment on my blog - thanks very much for the extra motivation to do well in the Freddy Beach Half on Sunday. I will of course post my race result on this blog. Until then, if you'd like to check out the event, copy and paste:

www.frederictonmarathon.ca

The other on-line donation was from my brother Steve and wife Tara (and baby Gavin, G-Unit, Golden Child). I'm totally impressed that Steve was able to even figure out how to do an on-line donation!! Thanks bro' for the great support. My initial reason for getting involved with Team Diabetes in 2002 was because Steve and my son Chris both live with Type 1 diabetes. In the Dublin marathon I had his initials on the toe of one shoe and Chris' on the toe of the other as visual reminders to motivate me to keep going to the finish.

So, I'm now just below my $5000 target. No doubt I'll achieve it. Only question is when and who will be the donor that puts the total over the top? I am predicting that I will reach the target before Sunday ...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links