Monday, May 29, 2006

 

Special Inspiration




Ever have one of those days when you were feeling like you just didn't measure up? Last week I arrived home and in the mail was a flyer from the Royal Canadian Mint advertising, amongst other things, the issue of a special coin celebrating the accomplishments of Canadian astronaut Colonel Chris Hadfield. As wonderful (and well deserved) as this is, it made me feel somewhat inadequate. You see, Chris was a college classmate of mine. A super guy but how can we mere mortals ever compare? I mean, the guy's been on the space shuttle twice !!!!

To cheer me up, my colleague Niki presented me with a coin of my own. How cool was that?! I am going to carry it with me (along with a Terry Fox loonie, a Pink Ribbon quarter and a Poppy quarter) as inspiration during the NYC marathon.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links