Saturday, May 13, 2006

 

Super Saturday

I've now been downtown and picked up my bib number ("1224") and my timing chip. Standing in line I was chatting with a nice young lady from Moncton. She's running the full marathon (42.2k) while I am running the half marathon (21.1k). It's her second marathon having done the ING National Capital Marathon in Ottawa last May. Earlier this morning I met a chap from Newfoundland here for the Full as well. He was commenting upon how beautiful Fredericton is and I of course agree.

Tonight is the pre-race carbo loading dinner - pasta, bread, salad, etc. It's always fun being together with so many other runners.

Tomorrow morning I will be down to the race site early (before 8:30) to watch the start of the Full marathon. Then I will eat some breakfast and try to calm my nerves while I get ready for the 10:30 start of the Half.

Race results will be posted at:

http://www.atlanticchip.ca/events/results.php

Look for me in the Fredericton Half Marathon with a time between 2:10 and 2:30.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links