Sunday, May 07, 2006

 

A Week To Go

Today I did my last long(ish) training run in advance of the Fredericton Half Marathon. The distance was 8 1/2 miles (13.7 km) and my time was 1:22. I'm feeling very confident that I will be able to do the Half (13.1 miles/21.1 km) in 2:15 or better.

This week is called a "taper" week so I will only be doing a couple of shorter (3 mile) runs. Theory is that you give your body a chance to rest a bit in advance of the big effort on race day.

Received a generous donation from my neighbor and fellow St Theresa parishoner, Joan and her husband Jean-Claude. Thanks very folks!!

Also received notice of an on-line donation from my friend Dave K. We met 28 years ago at Basic Officer Training (CFB Chilliwack), spent 4 years together at military college (RRMC and RMC) and over almost three decades of military and civilian life he, wife Mary Ann and family have remained wonderful friends to me, my wife Jill and our clan. Thanks "Kedder" for supporting me and, more importantly, the Canadian Diabetes Association.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links