Saturday, June 24, 2006

 

Army 10K


This morning I ran the Army 10K held at CFB Gagetown. What a great event. Of course, with the military organizing it you could expect that it would be run with precision and it was. Nice t-shirt (with a way cool crest!), well marked route, water stations, bagels/fruit/gatorade afterwards, lots of door prizes and medals for the top finishers. Course was an "out and back" on a gravel trail. A bit of a challenge as there were some partially washed out sections, loose gravel and a few changes in elevation. A little worried when I saw the "Beware of Bears" sign but figured that any rampaging wildlife would get the fastest or the slowest runners and I was neither.

Finished in a time of 1:02 - a little slower than planned but still close to my target and I was quicker over the second half (30:00) than the first (32:00) which was my goal.

My motivation for the run were the troops currently serving overseas and the many who will deploy in the near future. God speed and safe home.

Comments:
Congratulations! I plan on running at least one 10k race before I go to my marathon too. I am having some troubles finding one near me before I go though. I will likely have to do with just the Okanagan half marathon later this year. You are certainly faster than I am right now Peter.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links