Monday, June 12, 2006

 

Talking "Smack"

Seems my blog has generated a little "trash talk" between my brother Bill and my buddy Dave. It started when I posted results from the Nordion 5K on the blog. Dave read them and noted in an email to me:

"Saw both your brothers got soundly whooped by their wives on the Ottawa run. Not that there is anything wrong with that ..."

To which Bill replied in a comment on the blog:

"I hear Mr.SuperJock is laying down a little smack on the McDougall brothers times at the Nordion 5K. I see this as a challenge, and think it should be settled over a game of golf...winner keeps the title of Mr.SuperJock. Will our MapleLeaf fella accept the challenge...time will tell. You know my number!!!"

Dave then wrote:

"Sound like we have ourselves a match. I look forward to the challenge of trying to keep up to the Brothers McD on the golf course. It must be a "No Tears" match where the results of the 1 game stand irrespective of the outcome. Sound fair? We just have to come up with a time and a place. Just for the record, I was complimenting the McD women, not trashing the McD men."

Bill responded:

"You tell Mr.Argo (is that who he played for?) that I'm looking forward to representing the McDougall clan...heaven knows I wouldn't put my rep on the line if I had to rely on your athletic abilities. I'm sure Dave is a jet-setter (aren't all bankers made of cash?), and is in Ottawa from time-to-time. If so, would love to have him (and his wife if possible) out for a game at Camelot with Kristy/me. Until such time, the name "Mr.SuperJock" shall not be used.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links