Tuesday, June 27, 2006

 

Training Week 3

Yikes - the training schedule for this week is TOUGH!! Monday was a rest day as usual. Today I did 400 meter repeats - 8 times 400m (one lap of a standard track) at max intensity with a target time of 2:05-2:12 per lap. Each lap to be followed by a lap at easy run pace. I was also to start and finish with 10 minutes of running at easy run pace.

I knew long before the workout that it was going to be tough. Started the day after too little sleep, ate too little breakfast, drank too much coffee, ate the wrong stuff for lunch and left it too close to when I had planned my run. To top it off it was very hot and humid today.

Nearly died doing the workout but fought through. Did all 8 repeats in better than the target time (averaged just about 2:00 per lap). When it was over I couldn't manage the full 10 minutes of easy running to close off but I did about 5.

The only thing that kept me going today was the thought that this is all going to help come November in New York.

Comments:
I am glad after a lousy run myself the other night that I am not the only one having my fun in the heat!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links