Sunday, July 30, 2006

 

3 hrs 20 mins








That's how long my run was yesterday. "Holy s**t Batman". That is a long time to be out running!!

This week's LSD was a major step up from my last week's 90 minutes and the previous week's 150 minutes. Since Thursday I have been wondering whether it was too big an increase but Coach Mike has yet to take me to a place where I couldn't go so I (tried) to have faith.

The first half went really well. I got to my turnaround point right on schedule (1:40) and was feeling strong. The next hour also went well but I could start to feel things getting tough as the temps started to heat up and the humidit started to rise. The last 50 minutes were a REAL grind, both physically and mentally. The doubts that I had prior to the run started to build as my legs started to tighten. To counter this I kept saying (sometimes out loud), "Don't f**king stop". I also tried to remind myself that things will get tough in NYC - the pain will be temporary but the accomplishment will last forever.

As soon as I finished the run I did some stretching and then headed off to see my daughter's horseshow, She and her horses (Max and Pickle) were amazing and came away with lots of ribbons and a couple of trophies. Way to go Stef!!

Comments:
Way to go! I know the pain (physical and mental) having a 4:10 run yesterday, only 19 days to go until Team Diabetes hits Reykjavik. Keep it up!
m
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links