Sunday, July 02, 2006

 

Canada Day Weekend


Is it the BEST weekend of the year or what? This year I spent it in/on (which would be grammatically correct?) God's Perfect Little Garden - Prince Edward Island.

Saturday was lovely. I got out for a 40 min run at easy pace and had no pain or tightness so seems like the advice I got was correct and my injury from last week has healed - Thank You God!! After my run I got all the grass cut at the cottage which was a BIG job. Once that was done I drove into Charlottetown, took in the Canada Day festivities on the waterfront, visited the Charlottetown Driving Park to watch some horseracing, then back to the waterfront to catch a bit of teh Lennie Gallant concert and finished off the day watching the firewoks show.

Today (Sunday) I went for a 66 min run - 22 min at easy pace, 22 at a comfortably hard pace and then 22 min at easy pace. I then drove the route and figured out that I had run approx 3.4 km + 3.8 km + 3.5 km. The route was fairly hilly so I am happy with the workout and once again no pain or tightness.

Just after I finished it started to rain so I packed up, cleaned up the cottage in preparation for our friends who arrive next week and then I left PEI. Arrived home to find that Jill has cooked an amazing turkey dinner. Can't wait to dig into it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links