Tuesday, July 11, 2006

 

A Great Workout

Today I was scheduled to do a series of 800m repeats. I think that this is also referred to as interval training. I started with 10 minutes of easy running then did 6 x 800m with 400m of recovery jogging inbetween. Goal was to do each 800m in 4:18-4:30. To finish I was to do 10 more minutes at easy pace.

I have been intimidated for a couple of days now at the thought of this workout but I got up early and headed off to the track before work to avoid the heat and humidity of mid-day. I managed to do the 800m repeats in: 4:00, 4:02, 4:04, 4:06, 4:10 and 4:08.

One more milestone on the way to New York!

Comments:
Great to hear you are "Gettin' R' Done!" so to speak! I wish you all the best of luck in your training!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links