Tuesday, July 04, 2006

 

Less Than 18 Weeks To Go


Is it possible? In only 4 months I will be "toeing the line" for the New York City marathon. Well, I won't actually get to toe the line because I am going to be so far back in the starting grid but within say 20 minutes of the starting gun I should be "tromping on the line".

Had a good workout today in a torrential downpour. Coach Mike modified the plan as a result of my injury last week. 15 minutes of easy pace followed by 100m sprints (x6, @26 seconds/100m) and then 20 minutes easy pace to finish. I was one of a handful of fools out running today and the only crazy bugger doing sprints in the middle of a soccer field. The city maintenance crewman cutting the grass (in his enclosed tractor) thought I was nuts but kindly avoided me while I sloshed about.

Happy 4th of July to my American friends!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links