Tuesday, August 29, 2006

 

Week 12 of Training

Yesterday marked the start of week 12 in my training with Mike Booth. Monday is always a rest day so today was my first workout. Had to do it early (6 a.m.) as I was attending a university planning meeting out-of-town. Plan today was hill training: 6 repetitions of 120 second uphill running at max effort. Doesn't sound too hard does it? Try it some time. After the second repeat you feel like you're going to heave. Nevertheless, I got it done and felt quiet prode as I arrived at the meeting knowing that my day started 2 hours earlier than most everybody else's and that I had exerted more effort in my one hour running session than many of the attendees would expend in a month of Sundays.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links