Wednesday, September 27, 2006

 

Misery

Ever since I finished the long run on Saturday morning I have been feeling crappy as a result of a cold. I skipped my recovery run on Sunday, my hill training on Tuesday and today's 60 minute easy run. I am really hoping that I'll be feeling better tomorrow so that I can get back into my training schedule. I'm not really worried about the impact that this layoff will have on my preparations for New York. Most of the "hay is already in the barn" as they say (meaning that my fitness level is already pretty well established) and a bit of extra rest is generally good for the body. Nevertheless, psychologically it's important to me to feel that I'm on the mend as I approach the final 3 weeks of tough training. Hard to believe, but that's all that remains, followed by a couple of weeks of "taper" and then it's time for the show to begin.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links