Saturday, September 23, 2006

 

Thursday and Saturday Updates

Finished off Week 15 with two good runs. On THursday I did a 60 minute "steady state" run and was able to exceed the pace that Coach Mike had targeted. I know he wants me to be careful about going "too fast" (note: this is a relative term since my "fast" is barely a shuffle for many runners!!). That said, it feels really good to complete a workout, do the calculations and have it revealed that the pace was even better than the goal.

Today, Saturday, was my second 220 minute LSD - that's 3 hours and 30 minutes for those of you playing along at home!! Plan was to do the run at 11:00 minutes/mile with a 400m sprint every 20 minutes. I wasn't feeling great - tired and a bit of a cold - when I hit the road at 7 a.m. and it was pretty chilly (5c) with a threat of rain. Fortunately the rain held off and within 20 or 30 minutes I was into a good rhythm that I was able to sustain the whole time. End result was 32km (20 miles) at 10:59 minutes/mile.

Tomorrow is a short recovery run and then a well deserved rest day on Monday which will be the start of training week 16. Only 6 weeks till marathon day as of tomorrow morning.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links