Sunday, October 15, 2006

 

They Say It's Your Birthday ...

... and we're gonna have a good time ...

This weekend (Saturday) I turned 46 - yikes!!! Started the celebrations at work on Friday with chocolate birthday cake for morning coffee break and then a special treat - a small order of onion rings - at lunch. Friday night we went out to dinner so I could satisfy my craving for chinese food. I ate 4 plate fulls from the buffet!!! Saturday I got my presents - thanks Mom for the US money and thanks Jill/kids for the soapstone carving.

After breakfast I hit the trail for my "progressive run" and in spite of being a year older, I managed to exceed the pace targets that coach Mike had set for me. My run was 30 minutes at easy pace (target 11:00, actual 10:30), 40 minutes at marathon pace (target 10:15, actual 9:55) and 20 minutes at max intensity (target 9:00, actual 9:00). I was really pleased with this performance and I'm not totally psyched about the last two weeks of training before I head to NY.

I am now going to officially switch to counting down in days so ... in less than 21 days I will have FINISHED the NYC marathon.

Comments:
Happy bday twig...
 
Happy Birthday Peter! Maybe this puts you into a new age class for Boston Qualification!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links