Tuesday, October 17, 2006

 

Tuesday in Monaco

Oops ... that should read, Tuesday with Monaco. I had an email from my friend Perry Monaco today wishing me well for the marathon as well as making a donation to the CDA. Thanks man, you are amazing!!!

A bit of history. Perry and I met exactly 4 years ago when we were paired up as Team Diabetes roommates for the Dublin marathon. It was a first marathon for both of us. Perry (much younger than me) had literally transformed himself in advance of the marathon by losing 120 lbs and he had raised a TON of $$$ for the CDA - over $20,000 if I recall. Most importantly though, he was proof positive that you CAN do something to modify your risks for diabetes, heart disease, etc., IF YOU REALLY WANT TO.

We hit it off immediately and have remained friends ever since. Perry has gone on to do amazing things - run several marathons, trained for and participated in Ironman Canada, raised over $100,000 for the Canadian Diabetes Association, appeared on TV, etc. - and he has been justifiably honoured with awards for his incredible, inspirational work.

I am so privileged to know so many people of fine character. To all of you, thanks for the support.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links