Friday, October 06, 2006

 

Week 17

This will serve as an update for most of Week 17 since I have been tardy in posting reports for teh past 5 days. Fear not dear readers, my training has continued though.

Tuesday I did a 60 minute run with one-mile speed intervals inserted every 12 minutes. That meant that I ran one mile at a slow pace then a mile at my maximum intensity. I repeated this sequence 3 times. I was still suffering from the cold and so was coughing quite a bit but I got it done. Right near the end of the run I found a cell phone on the trail. The person who lost it called in to it later that evening and so I was able to return the phone to the very grateful owner.

Wednesday and Thursday were 60 minute easy runs shich I got through without incident. Today is a rest day and then tomorrow I'll be doing a half marathon distance (21.1 km) time trial. It'll be my contribution to thr "Phedippidations Worldwide Half Marathon Challenge". More about that in my next post but if you'd like to see for yourself, go to:

http://www.steverunner.com/halfmarathon.htm

Only four (4) weeks to go as of this weekend!!!!!

Comments:
Peter,

Thanks for the tip about the worldwide 1/2 marathon. I have signed up as well and listed myself as part of Team Diabetes. I was already going to be running in the Okanagan International Marathon 1/2 Marathon this Sunday anyhow. I added the route on the site as OIM Kelowna. Hope to hear your account from wherever you are running.

Derek
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links