Sunday, October 01, 2006

 

Weekend Runs

Took all my willpower to head out for a run yesterday but in the end, I'm glad I did. Completed a 7.2 mile route in under 70 minutes which was a better pace than I ever expected to be able to maintain, given the cold I've had all week. Then, just as I was in the home stretch I was able to be a "good samaritan". I changed a flat car tire for a lady who was heading down my street.

Today I participated in the CIBC Run For The Cure. I did the 5k route in 26:26 which was a comfortably hard pace. It was a great event and made all the more poignant because my colleague Helene is in the midst of treatment for breast cancer. Way to go to our university's team, the 200-member "rUNBuddies" who raised more than $25,000!!

Five weeks to go !!!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links