Monday, November 13, 2006

 

A couple more race memories

As if I hadn't written enough already, a couple more memories have popped up over the past few days. I met a fellow during the run who told me that he was to be the focus of a Discovery Channel documentary about his effort to lose weight and run the NYC marathon. I believe he told me that he had lost >200 pounds leading up to race day. I also remember a fellow coming up to me and asking whetehr I had diabetes since I was wearing a Team Diabetes shirt. I explained that indeed I did and he said that he did as well. He was older than me and I can't recall if he was German or Dutch. Either way, we seemed to be able tyo communicate. Also remember chatting with two young men from teh British army who were doing the marathon with battle gear on. They were Royal Engineers and so I told them that my dad had been a Royal Canadian Engineer (RCE) and that I had been Quartermaster of an RCE combat engineer regiment.

Some have asked me how I had time to meet all these people and remember all these things. Let me simply say that when you run as slow as me, you've got LOTS of time on your hands !!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links