Monday, January 08, 2007

 

Back to Reality

Back now from our Christmas/New Years trip to the west. We had a great time visiting family in Calgary and Kelowna but it is of course always nice to get home. I've had three good training sessions since my last post. On Monday, New Years Day, I ran a 8k to make up for only doing 5k in the Resolution Run. Tuesday and Wednesday I was skiing so didn't run but Thursday I ran for 40 minutes at a faster (10:00/mile) than usual (11:00/mile) "easy run" pace. Then yesterday I did a 2 hour run and managed to average 10:00/mile for the distance.

Chris showing some style in the "pow" at Big White ski resort



Big snow/freezing rain/rain storm happening here in Fredericton today. Glad it's a rest day for me. Weather is supposed to be better tomorrow so I should be able to get my training done.

Received some initial information about the marathon today from the sponsor. The email started with, "... you have been selected as an elite member (my emphasis) of Manulife Financial's running squad". Clearly, Manulife has a different notion of elite than I do or else they put my name on the wrong list. It ought to have said, "you have been selected as filler to make up the requisite number for participation on the penquin patrol ..."

And so, I waddle on friends

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links