Saturday, January 20, 2007

 

Yak Trax

... are the greatest.

A parcel arrived yesterday from my cousin Chris with a pair of Yak Trax. They are a grid made of rubber/steel that you hook over the soles of your shoes to give you traction in the snow and ice. They work on the same principle as chains for vehicle tires.

I tried them out on my 2 hour run today and they worked GREAT. It was hard to even notice them underfoot and they made it possible for me to do my run even though the roads and sidewalks are still a mess from yesterday's storm.

Had a good session - 2 hours of "progression run" with the first section at 10:30/mile and the last section at 9:30/mile. Cosidering the weather (a wicked wind chill) and the footing, I am pretty pleased with that.

Rest day tomorrow and then Monday marks 12 weeks till marathon day.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links