Monday, February 05, 2007

 

70 Days

That's how long until I will be "toeing the line" in Hopkinton MA, the place where the Boston marathon starts.

My weekend training didn't go exactly to plan. We had a fairly significant snowfall late Friday/early Saturday. That meant that as I headed out for my run the streets were still a mess and the sidewalks unplowed (for the most part). Plus, it was very windy. I had planned to do two loops of a 9 mile route but by part way through the first I knew that there was no way I was going to be able to do both. So, I stopped after the first loop but resolved to get back out again on Sunday for another long-ish run.

On Sunday the roads and sidewalks were in somewhat better shape. Weather was still tough - it was VERY windy and any open areas had lots of drifting/blowing snow. Nevertheless, I managed to do an 11 mile route.

Although I wasn't happy with cutting the Saturday run short, I'm proud of myself for getting back out there and doing some more mileage on Sunday. Both days my pace was slow (11:00) but that is attributable to the conditions and to my coach's instructions to slow down my long runs.

10 weeks to go ...

Comments:
Hi Pete, thanks for visiting my Blog, just getting rolling on it.

Harry
 
Great blog, found you off CRN.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links