Saturday, February 24, 2007

 

Finally A Nice Saturday !!

Those of you who have been reading on a regular basis will know that my Saturday long runs have been cursed by bad weather over the past month - ccccccold and wwwwwwindy.

Today the weather was a LOT better. We had some snow overnight but it was very mild so the streets were wet but not at all slushy or icy. I was able to run the full route without my yaktrax.

I did a 90 minute progressive run today with the first 30 minutes at easy pace followed by 30 minutes at threshold pace and then 30 minutes easy pace to finish. I am really pleased because I was able to meet or exceed the pace targets that Coach Mike established. He'll probably tell me I shouldn't have pushed so hard but it felt great to go a little faster than usual!!

Also gave me even more appreciation for how FAST elite marathoners are going. I was pushing hard to be run 8:30/mile for 3 miles. They run 5:00/mile for 26.2 !!!

Comments:
Thanks for stopping by my blog =)

I think we've all been complaining about the weather this winter! Wherever we are in Canada!! Good job on the long run, it'S the first time I hear about that Coach Mike website, how do you find their program?? I just follow Hal Higdon....
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links