Thursday, February 22, 2007

 

Finding A Way

One of the things you learn when training for a marathon is that you don't just "find" time to get in your daily run, you have to "make" time. It's too easy to blow off a run one day, then have something unexpected happen to interfere the next day, etc. Pretty soon, you've missed the better part of a week's training.

Last night I had intended to do some sprint intervals but just as I was about to leave for the field house, my sister-in-law who is visiting from Calgary ended up with a MASSIVE migraine. I don't think I have seen someone in such pain from a headache before. I was the only other one at home so into the car and up to the hospital we went. She was treated with an IV and some medication that helped to some extent and so 5 1/2 hours after we presented in the ER we were on our way home.

Today I am travelling to Saint John for university business so wasn't going to be possible to squeeze in a lunch hour run. Decided instead that I would do a mid-morning run, before I hit the highway to SJ. That's what I mean by "making time" or "finding a way".

Hope that tonight I might be able to get up to the fieldhouse and do the sprint intervals. We'll see.

Comments:
Peter, awesome blog, and congratulations on the Boston Marathon! It took me 8 marathons before I finally qualified in 2000, and I ran it in 2000, 2001 and 2002. There is nothing like it. Don't put too much pressure on yourself to run a particular time at Boston, just enjoy the blessing that you made it there. Qualifying is the hard part. If you get a chance, please visit my running web site, Faithful Soles. I have a categorized and searchable Running Blog Database on there and would appreciate it if you would link your blog to it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links