Wednesday, March 28, 2007

 

Another Encouraging Run

Knowing that I had a very busy day I set the alarm for 5:20 a.m. intending to get my run done before work. When I woke up it was of course still dark out and the wind was howling - rattling the siding on the house. Jill had gotten up even earlier (a touch of insomnia) and was down in the kitchen, had brewed coffee that she brought back from the Dominican and was making banana muffins. Not hard to guess that I decided to defer my run until later in the day.

After work I scooted home, changed and headed out. It was still windy and quite chilly but at least it wasn't dark. I did 30 minutes of easy pace running with 100m sprints every five minutes. Then I picked up the pace to threshold level (under 9:00/mile) for 20 minutes and finally finished with 10 minutes of easy pace. I am really pleased with how it went and once again I had no knee pain to speak of.

Right after my run I showered, changed and headed off to church to provide music for the confirmation class' passion play. As part of the presentation they sang an old negro spiritual called "Were You There". It's a beautiful, mournful piece and the young people, assisted by some of my adult choir members, did a great job. I think they were surprised yesterday when I explained to them that rap music can trace its roots back to spirituals such as this one.

Also today I was in for my fourth massage therapy treatment. The RMT is primarily focussing on my hamstrings, quads and something called "abductors". It hurts like hell as she is working on me but by tomorrow it'll feel better (I hope) and the combination of Physio and Massage seems to be working.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links