Sunday, March 18, 2007

 

Last 20 (+) Miler !!

Today I ran my last >20 miler before Boston. I had intended to do it yesterday but Fredericton was hit with a wicked snow/freezing rain storm. It is traditional that we get a storm on St. Patrick's Day and this year was a doozy.

So, after mass today I set out for a 4-hour jaunt. I planned to do a route that was roughly 5 miles and repeat it 4 times. That way, if I had any problems I could cut it short and would never be too far from home.

I am pleased with how things went. I did a total of 21 miles in 3 hours 50 minutes so my pace was almost bang on 11:00 minutes/mile. This is good news/bad news because I was hoping and aiming to be a little faster. Then again, I wasn't planning on the wind, sleet and snow that I faced at various points.

Pleased that my knee held up pretty well. It was a tad stiff when I got home but I've stretched, iced it and now it feels fine. Guess the physio and massage are working.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links