Thursday, March 08, 2007

 

Physio and Massage Therapy

This week I have been to see both a physiotherapist and a registered massage therapist. Nothing major - more like a "tune up" to get me ready for Boston. Like most runners I have less than flexible quads, hamstrings and calves and I have noticed on my very long runs that they can get very tight. Even after just a single session with each of the PT and the RMT I can notice an improvement. I plan on going back for a few more sessions over the next 2-3 weeks.

This week I've taken an extended rest period (I took extra rest days on Tuesday and Wednesday) after my long training session on Sunday. Tonight I'll be back at it to do a 40 minute easy run. This weekend's LSD is quite a bit shorter - only 10 miles - followed by a short 30 minute recovery run on Sunday. Weather is supposed to warm up considerably by then which is great because since Sunday it has been STINKIN' cold !!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links