Sunday, March 25, 2007

 

Weekend Report

Just back from a quick trip to Ottawa for Canadian Diabetes Association business. Had the opportunity to visit my mom, my brother Bill wife Kristy niece Kyla and nephew Dylan, our long-time family friend "Nanny Jackie", my Dad's grave site and Team D alumni Kendra and Johnson. I had gotten to "know" them via email over the past year and have been truly moved by their strength of character and strength of faith. It was tremendous to get to meet them in person. Hard to believe, but they are even nicer than I could have ever imagined. Probably because Johnson is originally from PEI and Kendra is a Valley Girl - Ottawa valley that is.
















Took in an interesting event while I was in the Nation's capital - the NAC orchestra playing the soundtrack to The Wizard of Oz while the movie played on a giant screen. Very cool. The Prime Minister and his family were also in attendance.

After a miserable trip home - delayed at the Ottawa airport (where I shared a bench with Mike Holmes of TV's Holmes on Homes), missed the connection in Toronto so had to overnight, delayed an hour departing Toronto due to fog - I unpacked and went for my weekend run. It went REALLY well. 10 minute warm up followed by 80 minutes at race pace and then a 10 minute cool down. I felt strong and fast throughout.

An aside - at the meeting on Saturday when I was introduced to a room full of CDA delegates the Chairperson noted that in three weeks I would be "racing in the Boston marathon". I could tell from the reaction that people were impressed. Goes to show that the fact that I am not running as a "time qualified entrant" is meaningless to most people. They hear "Boston Marathon" and they think "Wow".

Comments:
Always appreciate your kind support Collins !!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links