Thursday, April 12, 2007

 

The Boston Mystique

Yesterday I popped into a used clothing store to try and find a cheapo sweatshirt and jacket that I could wear while waiting in the start corral and then toss away once the race began. Having found what I needed, I went to the cashier and inquired how much the jacket was. "Four dollars" she said. I said "Great, because I only need to wear it once". She asked why and I said that I was going to be using it to keep warm before a race I was doing. "Where?" she asked. I told her it was in the States, not wanting to really get into details. "Oh, whereabouts?", she said. I told her that it was in Boston. She looked up at me and said. "The Boston ...?". I smiled and said "Yes, the Boston marathon". She was clearly impressed.

I mention this because I suspect the lady could not have named another marathon, nor would she know how many miles a marathon covers yet she still knows about the Boston marathon. Cool.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links