Sunday, May 06, 2007

 

Busy Weekend

Just back from a nice 10k run. Next weekend is Fredericton Marathon weekend and I am planning to run the 10k event with Jill. Figured I better get out and test that I will be ready for it. All went well - finished in a nice easy 1:05.

Yesterday I got a call from the visually-impaired "power walker" that I met in the Athlete's Village at the New York City Marathon. Myra is carrying out her plan to complete a 1/2 marathon in every province/territory to acknowledge her 65th birthday and to raise money for the Canadian National Institute for the Blind (CNIB). I am HONOURED that she has asked me to be her partner/guide for two of the events - Marathon By The Sea in Saint John (NB) on September 23rd and the PEI Marathon on October 14th.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links