Friday, May 25, 2007

 

Running & Potluck


On Tuesday evening my wife's 5k running class held their final meeting. Everyone arrived at our house and then headed out together to do a 5k route that I had mapped out through the neighbourhood. Then it was on to the main event - a potluck supper. What a great meal it was! Thai chicken curry with brown rice, caesar salad, meatballs in BBQ sauce to name a few of the main dishes and then an awesome dessert -what might best be described as a flan with chocolate chip cookie base, whipped cream, sliced fruit and a chocolate drizzle. Yowser, it was all SOOOOOO good and SOOOOO decandent. Well earned though.

The other great thing about the evening was the conversation. I found out that the participants included a former professional opera singer, a police officer who is part of a VIP protection unit, a school teacher, a nurse, a stay-at-home mom, etc. A wonderfully diverse and interesting group.

I am thinking that I might volunteer to lead the Running Room's fall 10k clinic and if I do, I hope that all of these ladies will join with me beacuse I'm sure we'd have lots of fun.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links