Monday, September 10, 2007

 

Busy Weekend in the City

Yesterday I was out for another training walk in preparation for Marathon By The Sea and as I reached the last third of my planned route I passed by the site where the annual Fredericton Dragon Boat festival was taking place. It is a big event with goodness knows how many teams competing as a fund raiser for youth sport in the area.


Also yesterday the Parkinson's Walk was taking place. They travelled along the trail through the midst of the dragon boat site led by two pipers. I was really struck by the significance of seeing so many people from our community out on a beautiful day showing their willingness to get involved in supporting worthy causes.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links