Friday, September 14, 2007

 

Jazz, Blues and Terry Fox

This is one of the best weekends of the year in Fredericton because our Harvest Jazz and Blues festival is on. The city is really alive with the sounds of great music. Started my day today by stopping off on my ride to work at the CBC's annual Harvest Jazz and Blues Breakfast which is a fundraiser for the Leo Hayes High and Fredericton High school bands. Yum !!

This weekend is also the annual Terry Fox run. After I completed my first marathon I vowed that "come hell or high water" I would participate in the Terry Fox run every year to honour one of Canada's greatest ever heroes. I know how much it took out of me to do a single marathon but that pales in comparison to what Terry did - the equivalent of a marathon a day for 143 days !!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links