Monday, September 17, 2007

 

Monday Morning

Wow, a chilly start to the day today! As I hopped on my bike it was only 2c and there was frost on all the parked cars. Fall has fallen!

Had a great weekend of jazz and blues. Without doubt the musical act that I enjoyed the most was The Lee Boys, a gospel/funk band from Miami, Florida. They were amazing !!! I also really enjoyed their opening act, the Smythe Street Cathedral choir/band who performed a wide array of music ranging from traditional to contemporary. On Saturday night we saw two great acts - "Matchstick Mike & The Chain Smoking Altar Boys" and "John Campbelljohn feat. Watermelon Slim".

Sunday I participated in the annual Terry Fox run/walk/roll. I did the 10k distance and used it as a last training walk before next weekend's Marathon By The Sea. I was hoping to be able to do an 8;00/km pace and I hit my target almost bang on, finishing with a 7:58 pace according to my Garmin. I am ready to rock the Port City with Myra.

Every year at the Terry Fox run they have a big board that you can sign. Here's a pic that I found of it on the web. If you look closely in the lower right area you'll see the names of two people that I particpate in memory of - my dad John McDougall (leukemia) and my stepfather Les O'Brien (liver cancer).

Comments:
Aunt Jeanne said:
No matter how hard I tried I couldn't see those names. Nice thought.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links