Monday, October 15, 2007

 

PEI Marathon

We had a GREAT time at the PEI Marathon!! In addition to this being Leg 3 of Myras Marathon, it turned out to be a true family running festival. My cousin Chris and wife Caroline flew up from Milwaukee, Wisconsin and did the Half Marathon and my wife Jill did the 10k. Chris and Caroline both beat their goal times and Jill set a PB for the 10k distance!! We were also thrilled to finish in front of so many family members - Jeannie, Alan, Janice, Malcolm and Stephanie - who all made a special (and much appreciated!) effort to be there to support us. I will write a race report later but here are some pics:

Jill (black shirt and shorts) approaches the finish line and a PB for 10k

Peter and Myra finishing

Stephanie and Malcolm waiting in the finish area

Alex Bain (iRunMan), Myra, Peter and Jill at the race registration

Peter, Jill, Myra, Caroline and Chris waiting to start

Comments:
Very proud, and glad to have been there! May have inspired me?
 
So nice to meet you all (we registered your Milwaukee cousins) and then see you, Peter & Myra, out on the course with the finish line in earshot. Sorry I couldn't remember Jill's name and she ended up as "his wife" on Alex's blog (I'll fix that!)
Email me (jypsy AT isn.net) and I'll send you the pictures I have of you (or you can grab them from Flickr - here's you guys & Alex at registration, here's your & Myra's backs, and your fronts, on University Ave. by Euston St. as you approached the finish line.) Hope you all had as good a time as we did - Congrats on the PB Jill!
Hope we run into you again someday....
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links