Thursday, November 08, 2007

 

Remembrance Day



This weekend, Sunday November 11th, is Remembrance Day in Canada. With so many soldiers deployed overseas and with the casualties that have been sustained over the past 12 months, it will certainly be a solemn occasion and an important time for us to all reflect on the price that has been paid by others for freedom. Nowhere is that more apparent than when visiting Commonwealth War Cemeteries like Tyne Cot in Belgium where I took the following pictures:




Comments:
Hey Peter,

I haven't been good at following your blog as of late, so I decided to stop by today.

I just wanted to say that I appreciate the post about Rememberance Day. I was about to post something similar on my blog about it too. I think that it is really the most important and relevant holiday of the year.

Talk to you soon,

Derek
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links