Sunday, February 24, 2008

 

The Race Was Run

Pleased to report that everything went well today!

I was in Heat #2, Lane #4. My heat was 5 guys, one of whom was an experienced triathlete. By experienced I mean he competed at the World Long Course Triathlon Championships last year in France! Bet he hasn't seen someone competing in baggy orange swim trunks like me Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes After a short warm up we did our 10 minute timed swim and I managed 16 lengths of the 25m pool. Used a combination of crawl and breast stroke and felt invigorated but not exhausted by the end. I had hoped to do 14 lengths so I exceeded my expectations. Of the 5 in my heat I was 4th in number of lengths. We had 10 minutes to transition from pool to bikes. That was about twice as much time as I needed.

On the bike I managed to keep up a good 92-95 rpm cadence at a moderate resistance level the whole time. I actually finished way ahead of everyone in my heat in distance covered but I think there may have been something wrong with the bike's computer because Mr. Triathlete was pedaling at the same cadence as me on a much higher resistance level and he covered 2k less according to the machines. My bike said I covered 7.8km. Regardless of the distance though I felt really strong throughout.

We had a 5 minute transition to the treadmill and then we ran for 15 minutes. I started at a 6:00/km pace and kept dialing it up until I ended up at about 5:40/km. I covered 2.64 km in total.


All in all this was a FANTASTIC experience and a great taste for what is to come in the summer when I do my sprint tri.

I'm now officially HOOKED !!!

Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links