Monday, March 17, 2008

 

Weekend Running

It was a busy weekend of running for me. On Saturday I did a 12k run - the first time I've been over 10k in almost a year. It felt good to "go long" and I was rewarded with an early St. Patrick's Day dinner as Jill and I went for supper at a local pub where I had Irish Lamb stew and a pint of Guinness.

Yesterday I ran in the Lincoln 5k, a fundraiser for the IWK Children's Hospital. There were more than 110 registrants so close to $2000 was raised for this great cause. Congratulations to Sean and his team of volunteers for organizing this excellent run. I finished in 27:30 which I believe is close to a Personal Best plus I won a nice golf shirt in the prize draw.

Here's a pic from the kids 800m event that preceeded the 5k.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links