Monday, May 05, 2008

 

Three Day Triathlon

No, it's not what you're thinking. I did NOT compete in a 3-day endurance event and NO, it didn't take me 3 days to finish a triathlon

BUT

I did compete the 3 activities associated with triathlon over the past 3 days !

Friday I did the swim and it went great. I completed 1250 meters (50 lengths of the UNB 25m pool) which is the longest distance that I've ever been able to do. On Saturday I did a 30k road bike and then on Sunday I ran 10k. For both the bike and teh run I felt really strong and would've been able to push further except that I didn't want to risk things for this coming weekend.

Less than a week now until Fredericton Marathon weekend. Both Jill and I will be doing the Half Marathon - 21.1 kms. My personal goal is to finish in under 2hrs:15mins with 2:10 being my "best case" scenario. Bottom line though, finishing without injury is really the most important thing.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links