Monday, August 18, 2008

 

Getting Going

It's been over a month since my last blog post but today I am rededicating myself to regularly updating this site.

Since my inaugural triathlon I havn't been able to compete in any more events but I have kept at the swimming, biking and running. Hopefully I'll be able to find a triathlon to compete in before the end of this season and I'm already thinking about stepping up to the next distance level (Olympic distance) in 2009.

Just over two weeks ago I had a proper "fitting" of my bicycle and man, what a difference it has made. I bought the bike at a Local Bike Shop (LBS) here in Fredericton called The Radical Edge and as part of their tremendous customer service they did the fitting at no cost. While in PEI for the past two weeks I got in several long rides including a 40k one and the comfort level was vastly improved over what it would have been a couple months ago!

At this point I am in the market for a triathlon wetsuit (I borrowed one for my first event) which will complete my equipment needs. I have a line on a used one but am waiting to hear back by email from the seller.

Hard to believe that summer is so quickly coming to a close. Already time to look at Fall plans. I have signed on to lead another group at my local Running Room store but the clinic doesn;t start until later in October. The group will be a Learn To Run group (last time I led a 10k group) so it'll be folks brand new to the sport. I hope I can get them enthusiastic about running but mostly I want them to be enthusiastic about "active living".

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links