Monday, August 25, 2008

 

Weekend Ride

On Sunday morning I went for my longest ever bike ride. My route was almost 50km and took me along the north side of the Saint John river all the way to the Mactaquac Dam and Headpond and then back along the south side of the river via the old Trans-Canada Highway.

While 50k isn't huge by cycling standards (Tour de France riders will do 150 - 200 km some days) it was a big accomplishment for me. This is especially true because there were a couple of SERIOUS hills along the route.

Here is a picture of the Mactaquac Dam which is used to create hydro-electric power. You can see the headpond that was created on the upriver side of dam. It's now used for boating and there is a nice provincial park that includes a golf course, camping, marina, etc.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links